Camp Surfbird is a new, unique overnight camp experience designed specifically for youth ages 13-17 to enjoy the San Diego Bird Festival to the fullest. Working together, San Diego Audubon and the American Birding Association have planned an unforgettable weekend for young birders to gather and explore the region with like-minded peers. Campers will be participating in chaperoned festival activities and experiences just for them. Base camp is located at the YMCA Camp Surf in Imperial Beach, CA.
During our weekend together, campers will expand upon their birding skills, learn about the natural history of coastal California, meet other young people with similar interests, explore careers and opportunities in ornithology, research, and conservation while networking with leaders in the field.
- Lodging for 2 nights at Camp Surf, located in Imperial Beach
- Daily transportation to and from Marina Village for festival activities
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 2 full-day festival field trips (four to choose from)
- Optional participation in keynote talks
- Beach activities on evening of Feb 24
- Twin-sized sheets/bedding and towels
The meeting place for this activity is at Marina Village Conference Center. Campers will be transported to Camp Surf after the Keynote speaker. Campers traveling by air or train must be able to travel independently.
Autor Laura Guerard