The road to the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event continues this weekend as we look to another popular prep stop in the U.S.: Stable View’s early-April CCI4*-S. A total of 36 entries will contest the 4*-S this weekend, many of whom will be preparing for Kentucky or their other various spring three-day destinations.
Stable View will also host a “Tailgate On the Turf” for the first time, providing opportunities to enjoy the cross country action up close and personal, complete with food and adult beverages as options. Only a limited number of tailgate spots remain, so snatch one up by clicking here.
A few notable names from the entry list:
- Fresh off his 4*-S win at Carolina, Will Coleman has two entries at Stable View: Off the Record will do a prep run for the 5* at Kentucky, while stablemate Chin Tonic HS will prep for the 4*-S at Kentucky
- Phillip Dutton will take one of his newest rides, former Esib Power ride Azure, around the 4*-S along with Quasi Cool, who won his last two starts at this level in 2021
- West coast transplants Savannah Gwin and Glock Pullman will make their 4* debut as a pair
- Leah Lang-Gluscic will compete her longtime partner and fan favorite AP Prime as they aim for a fifth trip to the Kentucky 5*
- Meaghan Marinovich-Burdick will bring Red Hills 3*-S winner Riviera Lu for a run as they work toward the 4*-S at Kentucky
- Badminton-bound Karl Slezak and Fernhill Wishes will be contesting the 4*-S (and there’s also a massive silent auction getting ready to launch this week to support Karl and “Chocy’s” quest to represent Canada at WEG this fall — click here to join the auction group!), and fellow Badminton entrant Ariel Grald will run Leamore Master Plan in the Advanced
Other notes for the weekend:
- Riders in the CCI4*-S will compete for $30,000 in prize money, and there is a healthy pot for the other FEI divisions, too! Stable View will also award $2,000 for the Amanda Bader award: $1,000 to the lowest scoring dressage rider who completes the 4*, and $500 each to the lowest scoring dressage riders who complete the 3* and 2*.
- There will also be a Thoroughbred Incentive Program award as well as a top KWPN/Dutch Warmblood award.
- FEI competitors: don’t get caught out! Be sure to monitor temperatures beginning three days ahead of arrival on the FEI HorseApp, or risk not gaining entry onto the show grounds.
- VTO Saddlery is sponsoring Saturday’s action and will be hosting a wine and cheese session at the end of the day in the VTO tent
Sunday will be FITS Riding Day. A major supporter of Stable View, the Aiken-based apparel brand has extended sponsorship to identifying riders in FITS gear on Sunday (and if spotted and interviewed, they will receive a $25 store coupon). FITS is also a major sponsor of prize money for levels Training through Advanced.
- Throughout the weekend, trot your horse past the Purvida Healthy Horse trailer to show off your grooming skills for a chance to be awarded “Best Turned Out.” Daily prizes include all-natural grooming products.
- Stable View will be hosting its signature “Graze & Gaze” Thursday through Saturday evenings from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. in the Pavilion.
Shelby Allen will be our eyes on the ground on Friday and Saturday (the FEI divisions will do their dressage and show jumping on Saturday, followed by cross country on Sunday) and will be bringing you much more from on site, so keep an eye both here and on our Instagram for more.